

Happy Canada Day! Here it is Canada Day and I am such a dedicated soul (plug). I have decided to extend my learning using my colleagues hard work in this course by reading all their articles so far. At this point there are only 10 postings, not including my own articles. I have responded to almost all of the postings.
Many of the postings provided further evidence of the restructuring of the MARC records and cataloguing system to make it more "Google Like." I have pointed out some of the similarities in the articles that I reviewed. (Nancy, Shirley, Louise and James)
Information Technology is also a hot topic and one I am partial to. Please see my comments to Linda.
Graphic novels is a form of literacy that is growing ever so popular. Linda provided me with a valuable site on Graphic Novels that I had previously viewed. I include it here and on my delicious so as not to lose it again. http://www.graphicnovelreporter.com/content/graphic-novels-todays-libraries-roundtable
One of Dil's article discussed organization of library materials according to Reading Levels. Like her, I totally disagree with this system. See my post. An added note here is that it is important to continually display certain books on a particular theme or interest with varying reading levels. For example, one can create a great display on Rocks, Minerals and Fossils. Included in the display could be resources from all areas, CDs, nonfiction books, fiction books, etc. Materials selected in this manner will ensure that there will be something for everyone. This provides me with another idea for Assignment #3.
No comments:
Post a Comment